PROVEN, AGGRESSIVE HOUSTON 18-WHEELER ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Truck accidents can be devastating.
At The CallahanLaw Firm, our 18-wheeler accident lawyers understand that the physical damage that occurs in most truck accidents together with the wide range of possible causes make truck accident cases extremely challenging to handle. If you have been involved in a crash involving an 18-wheeler or other commercial vehicle, it is critical that you have the right attorney on your side.
Based in Houston, Texas, the 18-wheeler accident lawyers at The Callahan Law Firm have the experience, knowledge, skill and resources to successfully handle these cases and win. Led by former mechanical engineer and Texas board certified personal injury trial attorney Michael Callahan, we have a proven track record of successfully representing individuals and families in trucking accidents.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a trucking accident, the attorneys at The Callahan Law Firm are here to help. In the Houston area and throughout Texas, we encourage truck accident victims to contact us for a free consultation.
Types of Trucks
Commercial trucks come in different shapes and sizes, and are designed to perform different tasks. The following are examples of the types of commercial trucks as well as the dangers they can pose:
- 18-Wheeler Trucks, also known as tractor-trailers or semi-trailers. These trucks travel on all major roads including interstate freeways, Texas Highways, county roads, and other roadways
- Other types of Commercial Trucks and Commercial Vehicles include cement trucks, garbage trucks, dump trucks, tanker trucks, box trucks, flatbed trucks, tow trucks, oil field service trucks, and buses
Types of Truck Accidents
- Rear-end Accidents
- Lost Load Accidents because a truck’s cargo is not loaded or secured properly
- Head On Collisions
- Wide Turn crashes where the truck driver steers left before making a right turn
- Underride Accidents in which devastating injuries are caused when a passenger vehicle crashes into the back or side of a truck’s trailer
Truck Accident Causes
Truck accidents can result from many different factors including the following:
- Over-aggressive driving including speeding and unsafe lane changes
- Driver Fatigue
- Driver Inattention
- Following too closely, also known as tailgating
- Inadequate Driver Training
- Distracted Driving
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
- Improper Maintenance of the Tractor or Trailer
Contact an 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer in Houston Who Will Fight for You
If you have been seriously injured or tragically lost a family member in a Texas roadway accident involving a tractor-trailer or other commercial vehicle, call or e-mail our 18-wheeler accident lawyers now.