The Callahan Law Firm Scholarship Program
The Callahan Law Firm, a personal injury law firm located in Houston, Texas, is offering three $1,500 scholarships to seniors in high school graduating in spring of 2021 to attend college the upcoming fall semester.
The Callahan Law understands the value of investing in future generations, and we value the chance to be able to give back to our community.
The current open submission period is for students starting college in Fall 2021. Applications are due by August 1st, 2021 and must be submitted by no later than 11:59 PM CST.
Scholarship Details and Guidelines:
- Applicant must be a high-school senior in the greater Houston area (includes Spring, Conroe, Texas City, Pasadena, Baytown, Stafford, and other local area cities).
- Applicant must be planning to attend any college in The United States in the Fall of 2021.
- Applicant must have a minimum of a 2.8 GPA. As proof, applicants will need to submit a digital copy of their unofficial transcript.
- Applicant must provide proof of first-year status by either acceptance letter or some other form of documentation proving acceptance and/or enrollment.
- Applicant must be living in the United States (with a U.S. mailing address) at the time of the scholarship’s due date.
Applicants must write an essay that is 1000 words in length and uploaded as a PDF file. Applicants must utilize MLA format.
Once the application period closes, The Callahan Law Firm will determine a winner based on the following factors: content, personalization, support, style, and mechanics.
The Callahan Law Firm Scholarship rewards students who are ambitious, want to contribute to the betterment of society, and serve as an example to others inside and outside of the classroom.
Describe a current social, economic, or political issue of your choice and how it has influenced your life.
What solutions do you propose to improve or resolve that issue, and -if applicable- how will your study of choice contribute to solving this problem?
To submit your application and essay, please email the completed essay, digital proof of your first-year status, a copy of your unofficial transcript, and the application form linked below to email@example.com.
The email subject line MUST start with “CLF 2021 Scholarship” followed by your name. (Example: CLF 2021 Scholarship Steve Rogers)
In the body of your email, you MUST include your name, address, phone number, and the name of your current high school and the college you are going to attend. Feel free to include a brief paragraph telling us about yourself and your career-related goals, but this part doesn’t need to be very long or detailed.
The essay MUST be attached as either a .DOCX or .PDF. Please adhere to MLA formatting guidelines (12 pt. font, Times New Roman, double-spacing, etc.) when submitting your essay to us, and be sure to cite sources used, if any.
Other Rules to Note:
- Please attach these four documents to a single email. Check that all information is correct before sending.
- Please write about our chosen topic. We will ignore essays that don’t have anything to do with the topic.
- We will NOT be replying to most emails we receive. We simply get far too many. Please don’t send follow-up emails asking if we’ve received your application.
- • Winners will be announced the first week of May on The Callahan Law Firm social media channels. If you would like to see the winning entries, be sure to follow us on Facebook (The Callahan Law Firm), Twitter (@texasinjury), and Instagram (@texasinjury).
- Failure to follow the above instructions may disqualify your application.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your applications and essays!