Brain Injury Attorneys in Pasadena, Texas
If you or a loved one suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI) due to an accident that was someone else’s fault, you need to get legal help from a qualified brain injury attorney in Pasadena, TX. The TBI lawyers at The Callahan Law Firm have decades of experience helping people whose lives have been turned upside down by brain injuries.
Our Pasadena TBI lawyers are ready to help you understand your rights, determine whether you have a case, and help pursue the maximum compensation you and your family deserve for the injuries. At The Callahan Law Firm, we’re committed to seeking justice for brain injury victims and holding at-fault parties accountable for the harm they cause.
Contact us today for a free legal case review to learn how we can help you.
Why You Need Our Pasadena Brain Injury Lawyers
A brain injury is a life-altering injury that can permanently impact every aspect of a person’s life as well as the lives of loved ones. From the cost of medical care, rehabilitation, long-term care, loss of income, and more, living with a brain injury can be overwhelming for the injured person and the family. The Pasadena brain injury lawyers at The Callahan Law Firm have represented people who have suffered traumatic brain injuries and their families for over 25 years, and we can help you pursue full compensation under the law.
You need our Pasadena brain injury lawyers for your case because of our:
- Compassionate, personalized service – We handle a limited number of cases, so we can focus on providing one-on-one attention to the people person we represent. That way, we can tailor our strategies to an individual’s needs and goals and help them seek maximum compensation.
- Track record of success – Our firm is made up of experienced trial attorneys who are prepared to take on insurance companies and corporations both in and out of the courtroom. We are familiar with the tactics they use to try to deny liability and reduce payouts. We are ready to use our knowledge and skills to aggressively advocate for your rights.
- Free case evaluations and we get paid you only if you win – We understand that you will likely face mounting medical bills and other expenses, which is why we offer free initial consultations. Plus, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid only if a financial recovery is made, which means only if you win.
Common Types of Brain Injuries
According to the Brain Injury Association of America, over 2.8 million Americans suffer traumatic brain injuries each year. Some of the most common types of brain injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – A TBI happens when an external force causes damage to the brain. This type of injury can range from mild to severe and can result from a motor vehicle accident, fall, workplace accident, physical assault, sports injury, or other trauma. Symptoms may include headaches, dizziness, confusion, memory problems, changes in personality, and difficulty speaking.
- Anoxia and hypoxia – Anoxia and hypoxia refer to a lack of oxygen reaching the brain cells. It can happen due to various causes, such as choking, drowning, carbon monoxide poisoning, or a heart attack. Anoxia and hypoxia can result in permanent brain damage if not treated quickly.
- Penetrating Injury – A penetrating brain injury happens when an object punctures the skull and enters the brain tissue, potentially causing significant damage to the brain. It often results from gunshot wounds or dangerous equipment on worksites. Symptoms vary widely depending on which part of the brain is damaged but may include seizures, paralysis, loss of sensation, language impairment, and confusion.
- Concussion – A concussion is a brain injury caused by a sudden jolt or blow to the head which causes the brain to move abruptly inside the skull striking its jagged bony surface and damaging brain tissue. People who suffer concussions can experience long-term effects such as memory problems, impaired concentration, cognitive impairment, and mood changes.
- Contusion – A contusion is a type of bruising on the brain that can result from a direct blow to the head or sudden, abrupt movement of the brain within the skull. Contusions can cause swelling and pressure inside the skull and on the brain, resulting in neurological damage.
- Diffuse axonal injury – This term addresses microscopic damage to the connections between the neurons in a person’s brain. A DAI is the shearing or tearing of the brain’s connecting nerve fibers or axons that happens when the brain forcefully shifts and rotates inside the skull as a result of trauma.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries in Pasadena, Texas
Some of the most common causes of brain injuries in Pasadena, Texas, include:
- Motor vehicle accidents – Car, motorcycle, truck, and pedestrian accidents can all result in serious head trauma and brain injuries.
- Workplace Accidents – Falling objects, falls from heights, accidents with tools, and other job site hazards can result in a traumatic brain injury.
- Slip and fall accidents – Falls can happen due to dangerous conditions on a worksite or another’s private property, resulting in a traumatic brain injury.
- Defective products – If a product is defective in its design, manufacture or if there are inadequate warnings that make it unreasonably dangerous, it can lead to a traumatic brain injury.
- Workplace violence – Physical acts of violence can cause a traumatic brain injury
Warning Signs and Symptoms of a Brain Injury
It’s important to be familiar with the warning signs and symptoms of a brain injury so you can receive proper medical attention.
Potential signs and symptoms of a brain injury include:
- Altered state of consciousness, including loss of consciousness
- Forgetfulness, confusion, and other memory problems
- Tinnitus, or ringing in the ears
- Vision changes such as blurred or double vision
- Speech problems, including slurring and difficulty finding words
- Inability to understand what others are saying
Consequences and Complications of a Brain Injury
Brain injuries can have various long-term physical, cognitive, and psychological effects. Depending on the severity of the traumatic brain injury, some of these consequences and complications can be permanent. The following are some of the potential consequences and complications of a brain injury:
- Cognitive difficulties, such as trouble with problem-solving, memory, language, perception, and attention
- Emotional disturbances, including depression, anxiety, irritability, impulsivity, aggression, and other mood changes
- Motor skill deficits, including impaired coordination and balance, weakened muscles, and tremors
- Vision problems
- Hearing loss
- Speech disorders
- Sleep disturbances
- Increased sensitivity to noise and light
- Loss of smell and taste
- Personality changes
- Paralysis or limited mobility
Treatments for a Brain Injury
The treatments available for a brain injury depend largely on the type and severity of the injury. Medications may help to manage pain, inflammation, seizures, or other symptoms. In more severe cases, surgery can address some of the physical damage caused by the injury. However, even the best surgeons with the latest technology and techniques are often unable to reverse all the damage. Many people who have suffered a TBI will never completely regain what the injury has taken from them.
In addition to medical treatments, therapy can benefit patients recovering from a brain injury. Physical, occupational, rehabilitation, and speech therapies may help improve muscle strength, coordination, and language and communication skills. Psychotherapy can also help address behavioral and emotional issues caused by the injury.
Potential Compensation for a Brain Injury in Pasadena, Texas
If you suffered a brain injury in Pasadena, Texas, you may be entitled to compensation. You may be able to recover money to cover medical expenses, costs of rehabilitation and long-term care, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain, suffering, and other losses. Our experienced Pasadena brain injury attorneys are ready to work diligently to seek the compensation you and your family deserve for your injury.
Contact Our Pasadena Brain Injury Lawyers
At The Callahan Law Firm, we have a proven track record of successfully representing brain injury victims and their families. Let us use our extensive knowledge and resources to fight for you. Contact us today for a free consultation with our Pasadena brain injury lawyers.