Truck Accident Lawyer in Pasadena TX
A truck accident can be a life-changing tragedy. An 18-wheeler accident can take away a career that you treasure, activities that you enjoy, and even the lives of the loved ones that you cherish. Semi-truck accidents are serious, complex cases. If you have been involved in one, you need an experienced Pasadena 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer by your side. It is critical that you have a truck accident attorney who knows how to investigate the case and build the strongest claim possible.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, contact The Callahan Law Firm today. We have more than 25 years of experience helping clients injured in 18-wheeler accidents. Our talented truck accident lawyers represent people in Pasadena, TX, and can evaluate your case and answer any questions you may have. Throughout your case, we will provide you with personalized, one-on-one attention as we work tirelessly toward getting justice for you.
We offer a free case evaluation, and we do not get paid unless you do. To schedule your free consultation, contact us online or call us now.
Why Truck Accident Claims Are So Complicated
Truck accidents are far more complicated than a normal car accident for these reasons:
- Trucking laws – In addition to the laws that apply to drivers of passenger cars, in a trucking case there are complex rules and regulations that apply and that are specific to trucks and the trucking industry. For example, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) are federal rules that apply to owners and operators of trucks involved in interstate commerce. Many of these regulations have been adopted by the state of Texas and therefore apply to intrastate motor carriers as well, which means trucks that are operated only in Texas. These rules include strict operation, maintenance and safety standards that must be followed.
- Determining liability – This is one of the areas where truck accident cases can get extremely complicated. Depending on the severity of the crash, initial accident investigation of the crash scene will include taking photographs of the scene, obtaining critical measurements of skid marks, points of impact, and others, the download of electronic data from the truck tractor, and the hiring of experts including an accident reconstructionist, a truck mechanic and at times a tire expert. In addition, there are often more than one persons or companies who can be held responsible for the incident including the truck driver, the trucking company, as well as the shipper who loaded the cargo as well as the broker who coordinated the load and transportation. In sum, a proper investigation must be done and the responsible parties must be identified to ensure you get full justice for what happened.
- Negligent hiring – Sometimes the person operating a truck never should have been hired to drive the truck in the first place. As part of a truck accident case, it is important to determine whether the trucking company was negligent in hiring and qualifying the driver. In addition, the broker who coordinated the load and its transportation may be liable if it brokered the load to an unsafe trucking company or truck driver.
- Negligence in repair, maintenance or inspection – Federal and state regulations require that truck drivers and trucking companies regularly inspect their vehicles – tractors and trailers – and make sure they are in proper working order. When truck drivers and trucking companies fail to maintain, inspect or fix any mechanical problems with their vehicles, that will be a part of the liability case against the responsible driver and companies.
- Documentation – The strict regulations around trucking require companies to maintain information, either electronically or by hard copy, that may support your claim. Those items documents include driver’s logs, inspection records, maintenance records, paperwork about the cargo, the truck driver qualification file, and more.
These are just a few of the areas of complexity in a trucking case that make it important that you have an experienced truck accident attorney is on your side. If you have been injured in a truck collision, make sure that you have an attorney representing you who knows the ins and outs of truck crash cases. Contact an experienced Pasadena truck accident attorney today.
How Our Truck Wreck Lawyers Can Help You
Here is how an experienced lawyer can help you succeed in your truck accident case. We can:
- Explain the law and regulations surrounding your claim – A truck accident may involve state laws, federal regulations, insurance law, contract law and more. Our attorneys can help you understand the rules, regulations and laws involved in your claim and what they mean for your recovery.
- Determine the evidence and analysis that your claim needs – It can take a tremendous amount of time to gather and understand the evidence from a truck accident. Our attorneys can work with the witnesses, the police, the necessary experts and medical professionals to obtain the evidence that your case needs.
- Determine who is liable – Truck accidents may involve multiple liable parties. It is important to understand all those who caused or contributed to the crash and who should be held accountable for your injuries.
- Negotiate with insurers, carriers and other parties – After a truck accident, all too often the truck driver, the trucking company and their insurance companies do whatever they can to avoid responsibility. They also may try to take advantage of your situation by providing lowball offers. Our experienced tractor-trailer accident lawyers know when and how to negotiate financial recoveries that are fair and just for our clients. We will fight for your rights during negotiations about your recovery.
- File a lawsuit and pursue your claim in court – When necessary, our attorneys will file a lawsuit, fully develop your case in preparation for trial, and advocate for you in a court of law. With experience, knowledge and dedication, our attorneys will fight for your rights after a truck accident case.
Demanding Full Compensation for Your Truck Accident Injuries
You may be entitled to these types of compensation following your accident:
- Compensation for medical bills and future medical care
- Lost wages and damage to your future earning potential
- Property damage, including your vehicle and personal property
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
- Compensation for the wrongful death of a loved one
Time Limit for Filing a Truck Accident Lawsuit in Pasadena
For an accident that happens in the state of Texas, the standard rule is that a lawsuit based on negligence must be filed within two years of the date of the incident. This may seem like a long time, but it quickly passes. Timing is critical, and the time to get started developing your case is immediately or as soon as possible after the crash. If you’ve been injured, contact a truck accident lawyer and let us get to work on your case starting today.
What to Do to Protect Your Rights After a Truck Accident in Pasadena, Texas
After a truck accident, take these steps to help you protect your rights:
- Call emergency services. Even if you feel okay, you may have injuries that are not readily apparent and that require medical professionals to diagnose.
- Take photos of the accident scene, the vehicles, and your injuries. These photos can be critical evidence in developing your case.
- Do not talk with other persons involved in the accident. Any statements you make could be twisted, misunderstood or used against you. Be safe, and do not discuss the accident or anyone’s responsibility with anyone other than the police officer.
- Contact a Pasadena 18-wheeler accident attorney. An attorney can advise you on the best course of action and be your advocate while you recover.
Talk to a Pasadena Truck Accident Attorney Now
At The Callahan Law Firm, we understand the complex rules involved when representing people involved in Texas truck accidents. We also understand how important your recovery is. With years of experience, a deep knowledge of trucking accidents, and a fierce commitment to our clients, we have what it takes to help you succeed in your claim.
For a free case consultation, contact our 18-wheeler accident lawyers today online or by phone now.