Pasadena, Texas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
If a negligent motorist hit you while you were on foot, you could be owed compensation for your injuries and losses, including medical bills, missed wages, and pain and suffering.
Contact The Callahan Law Firm to speak with one of our experienced injury attorneys about your rights if you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in Pasadena, Texas. Our team has the skills and resources necessary to hold the at-fault party accountable.
For more than 25 years, the attorneys of The Callahan Law Firm have fought to protect the interests of injured victims like you. We have dedicated our careers to helping people demand total compensation and accountability after suffering catastrophic injuries. We purposely limit the number of cases our firm handles at any one time so we can give you the focus and effort that you and your case deserve. That allows us to do what it takes to seek maximum compensation for you at the negotiating table or at trial.
If you were injured after being hit by a negligent motorist while a pedestrian, don’t wait to get the legal help you need. Reach out to The Callahan Law Firm for a free case review and learn more about how a pedestrian accident lawyer in Pasadena, TX, can assist you.
Why You Need Our Pasadena Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
After you have been involved in a pedestrian accident, you may be faced with the prospect of a lengthy recovery period from catastrophic, life-altering injuries. When your time and energy are focused on medical treatment and rehabilitation, you need dedicated legal representation to pursue financial compensation and justice on your behalf.
Turn to the Pasadena pedestrian accident lawyers at The Callahan Law Firm, who can help you with your case by:
- Recovering evidence from the accident scene and about your recovery, including accident scene photos, eyewitness statements, camera footage, police accident reports, and your medical records
- Retaining experts in accident reconstruction, medicine, and finance to help us persuasively advocate on your behalf
- Documenting all your injuries and losses to ensure we pursue full financial recovery
- Identifying all liable parties from which compensation can be pursued
- Aggressively pursuing a settlement that pays you fair and full compensation as efficiently as possible
- Taking your case to court when necessary to obtain the most favorable results possible
Types of Pedestrian Accidents in Pasadena, TX
Examples of some of the more common types of pedestrian accidents in Pasadena include:
- Backing-up accidents
- Child pedestrian accidents
- Work zone accidents
- Accidents caused by vehicles leaving the roadway
- Accidents on roadways without pedestrian sidewalks
- Intersection accidents
- Crosswalk accidents
- Mid-block accidents, or accidents that take place in between intersections or marked crosswalks
- School bus crossing accidents
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Pasadena, TX
In so many cases, drivers are at fault when pedestrians get hit. Many pedestrian accidents in Pasadena result from negligent driving actions, including:
- Reckless driving, including excessive speeding and swerving
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Distracted driving, especially texting while driving
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Failure to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and intersections
- Drowsy and fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs
- Inexperience behind the wheel
- Failure to use mirrors and turn signals
- Adverse weather and poor visibility conditions
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Defective auto parts
Common Injuries in Pedestrian Accidents
We know that your injuries can be devastating and costly. Injuries frequently suffered by victims of pedestrian accidents include:
- Crush injuries
- Internal organ injuries and internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Facial and head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe lacerations
- Road rash, abrasions, and avulsions
- Broken bones
- Ligament, tendon, and muscle injuries
- Herniated disc injuries
- Nerve damage
Compensation for Victims of Pasadena Pedestrian Accidents
Victims of pedestrian accidents deserve maximum compensation for the expenses and losses they incur due to their injuries. At The Callahan Law Firm, our Pasadena pedestrian accident attorneys vigorously pursue full financial recovery for our clients that provides them with money for:
- Medical expenses, including hospital bills, prescriptions, physical/occupational therapy, co-pays, or other medical or mobility equipment purchases
- Loss of income when missing time from work during recovery
- Loss of future earning ability and employment benefits if permanently disabled from gainful employment after a pedestrian accident
- Physical pain and emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life because of permanent disabilities or disfigurement/scarring
Texas Pedestrian Accident Laws
Texas laws are in place to help keep pedestrians safe from potentially catastrophic accidents. Some of the most notable Texas pedestrian laws include:
- When an intersection has control signals, pedestrians have the right-of-way when facing a “walk” signal but may not begin to cross a roadway against a “wait” or “don’t walk” signal.
- Vehicles must yield the right-of-way when a pedestrian is crossing a crosswalk. However, a pedestrian may not step into the crosswalk when a vehicle operator cannot reasonably stop and yield to the pedestrian.
- Pedestrians must yield the right of way to vehicular traffic when crossing a roadway outside of an intersection or marked crosswalk.
- Pedestrians may not walk along or on a roadway with a paved pedestrian sidewalk. If a roadway lacks a sidewalk, pedestrians must walk along the left side of the roadway or the shoulder of the roadway facing oncoming traffic.
- Motorists are generally required to exercise due care to avoid a pedestrian collision, especially when observing a child or incapacitated person in the roadway. They must sound the vehicle’s horn when necessary.
- Municipalities may pass ordinances prohibiting pedestrians from crossing roadways outside intersections or marked crosswalks.
Contact a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Pasadena, TX, Today
If you have been hurt in a pedestrian accident in Pasadena, Texas, let The Callahan Law Firm devise a plan for compensation, recovery, and your future wellbeing. Contact us for experienced legal representation to pursue the financial support you deserve. We offer no-obligation consultations to discuss your legal options, and there is no charge to get started.