Truck Accident Laywers
An underride collision is one of the worst type of crashes you can have with a traffic and can often result severe injuries or even death.
Understanding Override & Underride Accidents
The difference in weight between an 18-wheeler or other large commercial truck and any passenger vehicle is a big factor in the severity of a collision and the extent of injuries. Additional factors include the difference in the height of the vehicles and their bumpers (resulting in underride by the car or override by the larger vehicle).
If you are suffering due to serious injuries or your family is grieving after a fatal trucking accident, please contact us at The Callahan Law Firm in Houston, TX. Our experienced injury attorneys in Houston, TX understand what to look for in the investigation of:
- Underride accidents – when a smaller passenger vehicle goes underneath a large truck or other commercial vehicle because of the difference in height of the bumpers
- Override accidents – when the truck essentially “runs over” the smaller vehicle because the truck bumper is higher than the bumper on the smaller vehicle
Injury Attorney with Extensive Knowledge of Accident Causes
Given the many years of experience of the injury attorneys at The Callahan Law Firm in handling serious injury and wrongful death 18-wheeler accident cases in the Houston area and across Texas, we know what to look for to determine the cause(s) of a trucking crash. Here are some examples of what we have seen in cases:
- Defective or missing lights and reflectors on tractors and trailers, tire failures, brake failures, and other equipment and maintenance problems
- Reckless driving behavior by the trucker, including failure to maintain a safe distance between vehicles, speeding, and unsafe lane changes
- Parking on the side of the road without deploying adequate warning lights, cones or signs
- Driver fatigue, distraction, inattention, or alcohol or drug use
- Talking on a cell phone, texting, emailing, reading
- The trucking company’s negligence in screening, training and monitoring drivers
- We are well aware of the tragic consequences of crashes involving 18-wheelers and other commercial vehicles. And when the crashes involve underride or override issues, the injuries are often devastating, including head and brain injuries, spinal injuries such as paraplegia and quadraplegia, broken bones, and death.
Call an Experienced Houston Underride Accident Lawyer: 888-224-7020
For a relatively small cost, manufacturers and trucking companies could implement safer designs to help prevent or at least lessen the extent of injuries caused by underride and override accidents. Unfortunately, many choose not to. For too many companies, profit is more important than safety.
If you have been injured or have tragically lost a family member in an 18-wheeler accident or other commercial truck crash, call us at The Callahan Law Firm for a free consultation with an injury attorney in Houston to discuss your case and what we can do to help you and your family obtain a financial recovery for medical costs, lost wages and other damages.