Truck Accident Causes Attorney in Houston
Why did it happen? How did it happen?
After a crash involving a commercial truck, these are two questions that everyone wants answered – not only the investigating police officers, but also the people injured and their families. The goal is to determine the cause of the crash so that it will never happen again. Unfortunately, the reality is that truck crashes continue to happen every day and the cause of truck accidents repeat themselves time and again.
At The Callahan Law Firm, our attorneys have a history of successfully representing people and families harmed as a result of truck accidents. A major part of that success is based on our ability to determine the cause of the crashes.
Led by former mechanical engineer and Texas board certified personal injury trial lawyer Michael Callahan, our attorneys have a history of obtaining six- and seven-figure recoveries in serious injury and fatality cases caused by the negligence and carelessness of truck drivers and trucking companies. In sum, we have the experience, skill and resources necessary to successfully represent individuals and families in truck accident cases.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a crash in Texas involving a commercial truck, the attorneys at The Callahan Law Firm are here to help. Call or email us today for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck drivers are required to have a special type of driver’s license known as a commercial driver’s license (CDL). To obtain a CDL, the applicant must pass a written test and a driving test in the state where the licensed is issued. As a result, commercial truck drivers are supposed to have a higher level of knowledge, skill and ability when it comes to driving. Unfortunately that is not always the case.
Some of the most common and repeated causes of truck accidents are listed below:
- Truck driver fatigue, including falling asleep, as a result of too many hours driving and too little rest or down time.
- Unsafe driving practices by truck drivers such as speeding, following too closely, making unsafe lane changes, failing to check for blind spots before turning or changing lanes, and overly aggressive driving
- Distracted driving or inattentive driving resulting from talking on a cell phone or texting
- Drug and alcohol use by truck drivers, including methamphetamines
- Inadequate or poor truck maintenance, including bad tires and defective brakes
- Inherent physical differences between trucks and passenger vehicles, such as height differences and lack of sideguards that increase the likelihood of a catastrophic override or Underride Accident
- Overloaded trucks, lost loads, improperly secured loads, and breakaway trailers
Contact a Truck Accident Attorney at The Callahan Law Firm
Whether your Texas truck accident was caused by the negligence of the truck driver, the trucking company, a maintenance company, or the company responsible for placing and securing the load, we will use our extensive resources and skills to determine what happened, why it happened, and what could have been done to prevent it. Because at the end of the day, our job is to get justice for you and your family.
At The Callahan Law Firm in Houston, TX, our lawyers offer a free case evaluation and representation on “no fee if no recovery for you” terms. To discuss your case with a Houston 18 wheeler accident attorney, click the link above, submit the form, and someone will contact you. Or if you prefer, call either our local or toll free number now. We look forward to talking to you, listening, and hopefully helping to provide the answers you need.