Why would a life insurance claim be rejected?
Insurance companies may choose to reject a claim on a life insurance policy for several potentially legitimate reasons, including:
- The failure to disclose pre-existing medical conditions that would have rendered the insured person ineligible for a policy
- Circumstances of the insured’s death that fall within a policy exclusions (e.g. suicide)
- Untimely filing of a claim under the terms of the policy
- Failure to provide sufficient information regarding the insured’s death
- Cancellation of the policy for nonpayment of premiums
- Multiple claims made by competing beneficiaries