Truck Accident Lawyer in Baytown TX
Truck accidents are serious and can be life-changing events. If you have been injured in a truck accident, you need to focus on you and your family. Let an experienced Baytown 18-wheeler accident lawyer help with your truck injury case. A lawyer can help you manage your claim, investigate the accident and hold the responsible parties accountable for your injuries.
At The Callahan Law Firm, we have more than 25 years of experience helping people injured in truck accidents. Our talented truck wreck lawyers bring the knowledge and legal skills that your claim needs. We are committed to making the process as stress-free as possible.
If you have been injured, we offer a free case consultation to answer any questions you may have. Contact a truck accident lawyer representing people and families in Baytown today online or by phone.
Why Truck Accident Claims Are So Complicated
Truck accidents are notoriously complicated for several reasons, including:
- Many parties involved in a truck accident – In a truck accident, the driver may be the one at fault. Or it may be those that loaded the cargo. Or it may be an equipment manufacturer. Or someone else on the road. In any truck accident, you’ll need to thoroughly investigate the accident, the cause, and develop a deep understanding of what or who caused it.
- Multiple insurance companies – Depending upon who is responsible, there may be multiple insurance companies involved, all trying to minimize their costs. As part of a truck accident claim, you’ll need to know who was responsible, who their insurer is, and how to hold them accountable.
- Powerful equipment and difficult accident scenes – Unlike many passenger vehicle accident scenes, truck accident scenes usually cover a much larger area and involve more damage to people and property. Investigating these accidents requires knowledge and experience to know what to look for and how to properly document what happened with photographs, witness statements, measurements, and whatever else is necessary to establish the case.
- Technical data – All late model tractors and trucks may have computers and other electronic systems that record important information relevant to the accident. This can include engine and speed data, braking data, and information about the truck’s actions and performance in the moments before a crash and at the time of a crash. This data can be critical in succeeding in a truck case so it’s important to get the information when necessary, analyze it, and understand what it means.
- Truck driver regulations and laws – Commercial truck drivers have responsibilities above and beyond those that normal drivers face. Truck drivers are professional drivers. As part of a truck accident claim, you need to understand what laws, licenses, and regulations may be at play in your claim.
How Our 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers Can Help You
If you have been injured, our 18-wheeler truck accident lawyers can help you:
- Investigate the accident – After a truck accident, you will need certain critical information to build your claim. This will include the police report, witness statements, photographs, medical records as well as additional specialized information in many cases including expert accident reconstruction trucking regulatory and safety experts, and perhaps other experts to determine who and what caused the crash.
- Hold accountable those responsible for your injuries – In a truck accident, many parties may be responsible for your injuries including the truck driver for failing to operate the truck safely, the trucking company for hiring an unsafe driver and/or for failing to properly train the driver, a trucking shipper or broker for choosing an unsafe truck driver or truck company to haul the load, or a cargo loader for incorrectly balancing a load or inadequately securing a load in a trailer.
- Negotiate with insurance companies – After a truck collision, insurers will try to settle the claim for as little as possible or perhaps deny responsibility entirely An experienced 18-wheeler accident lawyer can handle negotiations on your behalf to make sure you are treated fairly and get the compensation you deserve.
- Fight for you in court – If your claim heads to court, it is critical to have an experienced and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer on your side who knows how to file the lawsuit, build the case for trial, and if the case cannot then be resolved to your satisfaction, competently and effectively try the case to a jury. An 18-wheeler accident lawyer can help you every step of the way by developing your case from the beginning and advocating for your recovery.
Demanding Full Compensation for Your Truck Accident Injuries
After a semi-truck accident, you may be entitled to these types of compensation:
- Lost wages and future earnings – A truck accident can devastate your finances and take away your ability to work. If you have lost earnings and/or will lose earnings in the future because of your injuries, your claim for compensation should include these elements of damages.
- Medical bills – Even a short stay in a hospital can be expensive. And then additional medical care outside the hospital will add up as well. Serious injuries and quality medical care can drain your accounts dry. Medical bills in the past and in many instances, the future as well, are an important part of the compensation you can ask for in a truck accident claim.
- Property Damage – Truck accidents often leave your property severely damaged or destroyed. A claim backed by evidence can help pay for your damaged vehicle and any other property you lost in the accident.
- Emotional distress – Not all injuries are physical in nature. Truck accidents are traumatic and terrifying events. If you have suffered emotional trauma due to a truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation for that injury.
- Wrongful death – The tragic truth is that truck accidents often result in fatalities. The loss is irreplaceable and the pain from losing a loved one never goes away. If you have lost a loved one in an 18-wheeler accident, an experienced truck accident lawyer is the first step toward getting justice.
These are just a few of the categories of compensation that may be involved in a truck accident claim. If you have been injured, contact a truck accident lawyer who represents people in Baytown, TX today.
Time Limit for Filing a Truck Accident Lawsuit in Baytown, TX
For a crash that happens in Texas, the general rule is that a lawsuit for negligence must be filed within 2 years. Although the time to start gathering evidence to prove the case is right away. While 2 years can seem like a lot of time, the reality is that it will pass quickly and the evidence needed to succeed will disappear if not promptly preserved. To ensure that you and your family have the greatest chance of success, speak with a truck wreck lawyer as soon as possible after your accident.
What to Do to Protect Your Rights After a Truck Accident in Baytown
Take these steps immediately following your accident to keep yourself safe and protect your rights:
- Contact emergency services.
- Seek medical attention. Your health comes first.
- Take photos if possible. Photos of the accident and your injuries can help investigators understand what happened and how.
- Do not talk with other parties about the accident. Any statements you make may be misunderstood and used against you at a later time.
- Contact a Baytown truck accident lawyer.
Talk to a Baytown Truck Accident Attorney Now
If you have been injured in a truck collision or an 18-wheeler accident, you need an experienced 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer on your side. At The Callahan Law Firm, we have decades of experience successfully helping people injured in truck accidents. We are committed to helping you reach a positive outcome.
If you have been injured, contact us today online or by phone.