Construction sites are dangerous places, especially when it comes to the heavy vehicles used to move materials and equipment, pour concrete and excavate ditches. If you were hurt in a construction vehicle accident, you could have the right to file a lawsuit seeking compensation from the responsible parties for your medical bills, lost income, pain, suffering, and more. The Callahan Law Firm can help you pursue that right at no upfront cost to you.
For over 25 years, we have fought for accident victims throughout the Houston area, seeking maximum compensation to help them get their lives back on track after devastating injuries. Our attorneys care deeply about our clients and their futures, so you can expect our team to leave no stone unturned in our pursuit of the money you deserve. Because we work on contingency, you won’t owe us a fee unless and until you win.
Hurt in a construction vehicle accident in Houston or the surrounding area? Contact The Callahan Law Firm for a free initial case evaluation to learn more about your legal options. Let one of our Houston construction vehicle accident attorneys help you pursue the financial recovery and justice you deserve.
Do I Need a Lawyer After a Construction Vehicle Accident at Work?
Our construction vehicle accident lawyers can be a valuable ally as you seek compensation for your injuries. Here’s why:
- Our construction vehicle accident attorneys have experience investigating commercial vehicle accidents. We know what evidence is required to prove liability for the accident and establish the injuries and losses you suffered. Our lawyers can also secure essential evidence such as incident reports, vehicle inspection reports, surveillance video footage, scene photos, and more.
- Our construction vehicle accident lawyers can identify your legal options for financial recovery, including your rights to pursue a personal injury claim in addition to or instead of workers’ compensation benefits.
- Our construction vehicle injury attorneys will communicate with other parties on your behalf, such as construction company representatives, insurance adjusters, and medical debt collectors. Having a legal representative to deal with the back-and-forth can free you to focus your time and energy on your medical treatment and your physical and emotional recovery.
Common Types of Vehicles on Construction Sites
Construction sites often have many different vehicles and motorized equipment performing various tasks, including the following examples:
- Dump trucks
- Soil compactors
- Bucket trucks and cherry pickers
- Mobile cranes
- Scissor lifts
- Box trucks
- Cement trucks
Why Are Construction Vehicle Accidents So Dangerous?
Construction vehicles usually weigh more than private passenger vehicles and have parts that extend or move from the vehicle, such as the bucket on a backhoe or the basket on a cherry picker or scissor lift. Consequently, they present a higher risk of severe injury due to accidents such as:
- Pinnings – Construction vehicle accidents can involve an accident victim getting pinned or wedged between a vehicle and another surface, such as a building, trench wall, or another vehicle or piece of equipment, resulting in a crush injury or worse
- Entanglements – Accident victims often get their limbs and body entangled in a construction vehicle’s moving parts.
- Falls – Construction vehicle accidents may involve an accident victim falling out of a raised portion of the vehicle, such as falling from the basket of a cherry picker or scissor lift.
- Cargo spills – Workers use construction vehicles such as forklifts, backhoes, and cranes to transport heavy cargo. Failing to secure cargo may cause it to spill or fall onto an accident victim.
- Rollovers and collisions – Improper use of construction vehicles can cause the vehicle to tip over or collide with a bystander or another vehicle.
- Backing-up accidents – Many construction vehicles have poor rearward visibility, increasing the risk of the operator colliding with someone or something behind them.
- Electrocution – Electrical and electrocution accidents happen for many reasons including when power lines are not properly marked or protected on a worksite.
Who Is at Fault for a Construction Vehicle Accident?
You could have several options for pursuing compensation against the companies and individuals at fault for a construction vehicle accident. In addition to a workers’ compensation claim with your employer, you could have a third-party personal injury claim if the construction vehicle accident happened due to the negligence of a third party unaffiliated with your employer. In this scenario, you could file a third-party personal injury lawsuit in addition to a workers’ comp claim.
Potential Compensation for People Hurt by Construction Vehicles
If you were hurt in a construction vehicle accident, you may have the right to recover compensation for expenses and losses including:
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation expenses, including emergency care, hospitalization, surgeries, pain medications, physical therapy, and occupational therapy
- Costs of long-term care and support for temporary or permanent disabilities
- Loss of income due to missed work or reduced earnings in a part-time or modified-duty role
- Loss of future earning capacity and job benefits if you are unable to return to the work you were able to do before the accident, or if you are permanently disabled
- Physical pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
- Mental anguish
How Our Lawyers Help People Hurt by Construction Vehicles
A Houston construction vehicle accident lawyer with The Callahan Law Firm can help you by:
- Investigating the accident
- Securing critical evidence to support your claim
- Reviewing the facts and circumstances to identify at-fault parties and your legal options for compensation, including a personal injury claim
- Documenting the injuries and losses you’ve suffered to maximize compensation for you
- Preparing and filing insurance claims and demand letters on your behalf
- Negotiating with insurance adjusters and at-fault parties to secure a financial settlement acceptable to you
- Filing a lawsuit and presenting your case to a jury when the at-fault parties and their insurance companies refuse to treat you fairly
Contact Our Houston Construction Accident Lawyers Today
You deserve compensation for the injuries you suffered in a construction vehicle accident. The Callahan Law Firm wants to help you demand it. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss what a Houston construction truck accident lawyer from our firm can do for you.