Delivery Truck Accident Lawyers
You share the road every day with commercial vehicles that you may hardly notice, until one hits you. Delivery trucks zip around Houston and across Texas roads daily bringing goods to retail businesses, commercial office buildings, warehouses and to consumers at home. These delivery trucks are much larger than passenger cars and the drivers are in a hurry, pressured with delivery deadlines to meet.
You could easily find yourself the victim of a crash with a delivery truck speeding to make a deadline. Online ordering of goods promised with quick delivery means delivery truck drivers are often tempted to push the limits of safety. Risks taken by these drivers include speeding, rushing through intersections, rolling through stop signs, unsafe lane changes, as well as distracted driving. Unfortunately the result can be catastrophic for others on the road. And if it happens, it’s critical to have an experienced trucking attorney on your side.
The Callahan Law Firm in Houston, Texas has successfully represented individuals and families in injury cases resulting from truck accident, including delivery truck accidents. A delivery company’s desire to make money should not compromise the safety of the driving public.
Delivery truck accidents are not as simple as they may seem at first. It’s not just the crash itself and reconstructing at the scene how it happened. It’s also about discovering background and reasons leading up to the crash. All too often the crash is simply the end result of many decisions – intentional and unintentional – made by a trucking company and its driver well before the crash happens. It is critical that your lawyer know how to search for and find the reasons why the crash happened – reasons that predate the crash by minutes, hours, days, months and years of actions and inactions by the trucking company. Truck accidents, including delivery truck accidents, are all too often the result of a history of dangerous decisions by a trucking company. As a result, it is critical that you have an experienced delivery truck accident lawyer working for you.
Our Houston law firm is led by Michael Callahan, a former mechanical engineer and a board certified personal injury trial attorney, who has a long history of success representing individuals and families in truck accident cases. If you or a loved one have been injured or there has been a fatality resulting from a truck accident, the attorneys at The Callahan Law Firm are here to help.
In the Houston area and throughout Texas, we encourage people harmed as a result of truck accidents to contact us for a free consultation.
Types of Trucks
There are many different types of commercial trucks. The following are examples of some of the different kinds of commercial trucks as well as the dangers they can pose:
- Delivery trucks bringing goods and supplies to retail businesses, warehouses, office buildings and residences.
- Cement trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Dump trucks
- Tanker trucks
- Box trucks
- Flatbed trucks
- Tow trucks
- Oil field service trucks
- Consumer delivery business including United Parcel Service (UPS), Federal Express (FedEx), DHL and United State Postal Service (USPS).
Types of Delivery Truck Accidents
The different types of truck accidents include the following:
- Lane change accidents.
- Rear-end Accidents
- Lost Load Accidents because a truck’s cargo is not loaded or secured properly
- Head on Collisions
- Wide Turn crashes where the truck driver steers left before making a right turn
- Underride Accidents in which devastating injuries are caused when a passenger vehicle crashes into the back or side of a truck’s trailer
- Furthermore, these drivers have other factors that may lead to accidents:
- Lack of training. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, most delivery drivers receive less than a month of training, unlike large truck drivers.
- Delivery areas. These smaller trucks deliver goods on busy city streets and in residential areas, having more exposure to pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Parking. Many delivery trucks are forced to park in the street or double-park to reach their destinations. This action can mean quick stops and starts, putting other people around them at risk.
Delivery Truck Accident Causes
The causes of accidents are many, but some common causes are:
- Drivers under a time deadline may speed, hurry through intersections, run red lights, or change lanes unsafely.
- Driver Fatigue
- Driver Inattention
- Following too closely, also known as tailgating
- Inadequate Driver Training
- Distracted Driving including talking on one or more cell phones while driving, texting while driving, looking at a map on a cell phone while driving instead of the road
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
- Improper Maintenance of the Tractor or Trailer
- Failing to plan a safe route before driving
Contact the Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer in Houston Who Will Fight for You
If you have been seriously injured or tragically lost a family member in Houston or elsewhere in Texas from an accident involving a delivery truck or other commercial vehicle, call or e-mail our truck accident attorneys and delivery truck accident lawyers now. We work on a contingency basis, meaning we only get paid when we win a judgment or settlement on your behalf.