Air Bag Defect Claim Lawyers
If you were involved in a serious car accident in Texas involving an airbag malfunction, contact The Callahan Law Firm. Texas product liability lawyers from The Callahan Law Firm are prepared to help you if you have been injured as a result of a defective Takata Airbag. Contact us now for a free case evaluation.
Have You Suffered Injuries or Loss Caused by Defective Automobile Airbags?
If so, you need a Houston defective product attorney with the experience and resources to investigate and pursue your auto airbag defect claim.
Our Texas product liability lawyers represent people who have sustained serious injuries and the families of those who died due to defective Takata Airbags installed in vehicles manufactured by Toyota, Honda, Mazda, and BMW. Takata recently issued a recall of approximately 4.7 million vehicles.
Takata Corporation, a Japanese manufacturing company, has been selling potentially defective airbags since 2001. A Defect Information Report filed with the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration (NHTSA) states that Takata’s airbags can rupture or explode causing pieces of metal to strike and injure drivers and front-seat passengers. The problem with Takata’s airbags appears to be particularly pronounced in areas with high humidity such as along the Gulf Coast of the United States, including Texas, Louisiana, Alabama and Florida. At The Callahan Law Firm, our Houston product liability lawyers including Michael S. Callahan (BSME, JD) and staff work together to force such companies like the Takata Corporation to fairly compensate those who have suffered because of defective products.
According to documents filed with National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration (NHTSA), potentially defective Takata airbags have been installed in the following vehicles.
BMW Models which possibly have a defective Takata Airbag
- 3 Series Sedan (Model year 2001-2005)
- 3 Series Coupe (Model year 2001-2006)
- 3 Series Sports Wagon (Model year 2001-2005)
- 3 Series Convertible (Model year 2001-2006)
Honda Models which possibly have a defective Takata Airbag
- Honda Accord (4-cylinder) (Model Year 2001-2007)
- Honda Accord (V6) (Model Year 2001-2002)
- Honda Civic (Model Year 2001-2005)
- Honda CR-V (Model Year 2002-2006)
- Honda Element (Model Year 2003-2011)
- Honda Odyssey (Model Year 2002-2004)
- Honda Pilot All (Model Year 2002-2007)
- Honda Ridgeline (Model Year 2006)
- Acura MDX (Model Year 2003-2006)
- Acura TL/CL (Model Year 2002-2003)
Mazda Models which possibly have a defective Takata Airbag
- Mazda 6 (Model Year 2003-2007)
- RX 8 (Model Year 2004-2008)
Toyota Models which possibly have a defective Takata Airbag
- Corolla (Model Year 2003-2005)
- Matrix (Model Year 2003-2005)
- Sequoia (Model Year 2003-2005)
- Tundra Lexus SC (Model Year 2003-2005)
- Pontiac Vibe (Model Year 2003-2005)
Nissan and General Motors have told the NHTSA that they are still investigating whether any of their vehicles could contain one of Takata’s defective airbags.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to an exploding airbag in one of these types of vehicles, contact The Callahan Law Firm today.
Experienced Houston, Texas Product Liability Lawyer
Product Liability Litigation at The Callahan Law Firm
Our Texas product liability lawyers will discuss with you questions you may have regarding any serious injury or fatality you or a family member have suffered due to a defective Takata Airbag.