The Callahan Law Firm
440 Louisiana Street, Suite 2000
Houston TX 77002
888-224-7020 - Toll Free
713-224-9001 - Fax
Truck Accident Causes: Houston 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney Investigates
Currently the demand for truck drivers outweighs the supply. As a result, trucking companies rush to hire drivers and put them on the road operating big rigs often without providing them with adequate training and on occasion without performing basic background checks to ensure a driver has a safe driving history. And when a trucking company has too much work and not enough drivers, the drivers they do have are on the road nearly continuously which results in driver fatigue. As this trend continues, 18-wheeler accidents and big rig crashes will continue, and innocent people involved will suffer.
At The Callahan Law Firm, you will speak with an experienced Houston 18-wheeler accident attorney who knows how to help individuals and families victimized by careless truck drivers and trucking companies.
Drivers of 18-wheelers and other large commercial trucks bear the responsibility of operating their big rigs in a safe manner. However, the trucking industry's quest for increased profits often come at the expense of public safety. For instance, many trucking companies encourage longer driving hours with less rest and often impose other unsafe demands which has led some to call over-the-road trucks "sweatshops on wheels."
If you or a family member has been injured in a car-truck collision, or if you are grieving a loved one who suffered fatal injuries as a result of a truck accident, we want to help and we know how to help. Contact The Callahan Law Firm and talk to an experienced Houston 18-wheeler accident attorney who knows how to properly investigate a truck crash, develop the case, and maximize your financial recovery.
Uncovering Driver and Trucking Company Negligence in Your Case
Many issues relevant to liability merit investigation after a crash involving an 18-wheeler or other commercial vehicle. Some key factors are:
- Truck driver fatigue, including falling asleep, resulting from too many hours driving and too little rest or down time. Truck drivers often keep more than one set of log books which show information such as the number of hours driven and the number of hours resting or off duty - one "cooked" log book that complies with trucking laws to show police if pulled over, and another accurate book they submit to their employer when it's time to get paid for the driving they have actually done
- Inattentive, distracted driving resulting from talking or texting on cell phones
- Drug and alcohol use by over-the-road truck drivers, including methamphetamines
- Truck drivers speeding, following too closely, making unsafe lane changes and driving over-aggressively
- Inherent physical differences between trucks and passenger vehicles, such as height differences that increase the likelihood of a catastrophic override or underride accident
- Overloaded trucks, lost loads, unsecured loads, and breakaway trailers
- Trucking company "shortcuts" and regulatory violations such as inadequate truck maintenance or the failure to properly background-check and train drivers
All Houston Truck Accident Causes: Lawyers with Experience - 713-224-9000 or toll free at 888-224-7020
Whether your Texas truck accident was caused by the negligence of the truck driver, his employer, a maintenance company, the person or company responsible for placing and securing the load, or some other person or company, we will use our extensive resources and skills to determine what happened, why it happened, and what could have been done to prevent it. Because at the end of the day, our job is to get justice for you and your family.
At The Callahan Law Firm in Houston, TX, our lawyers offer a free case evaluation and representation on "no fee if no recovery for you" terms. To discuss your case with a Houston 18 wheeler accident attorney, click the link above, submit the form, and someone will contact you. Or if you prefer, call either our local or toll free number now. We look forward to talking to you, listening, and hopefully helping to provide the answers you need.